Mistakes people make when they discover bed bugs
by Marty Venturini
May 21, 2018
What are some mistakes people make when they find out they have bed bugs?
1. They throw out their bed, couch, or chair.
2. They rip up, remove, and replace their carpeting and padding.
3. They encase their mattress in a bag which does nothing to prevent the bedbugs living elsewhere in their home from feeding on them.
4. They buy cheap insecticides which drive the bed bug deeper into their furnishings and building to avoid the chemicals.
5. They try to rub everything down with alcohol. This creates a fire hazard.
6. They buy or rent a space heater or flame throwing propane torpedo heater and burn the place down.
7. They put their clothes in the freezer.
8. They run their clothes through the dryer for a regular dry cycle.
9. They run their clothes through the dryer on high heat for several hours, but don’t treat anywhere else in their home.
10. They don’t think to inspect their electronics such as bedside clocks, stereos, set-top boxes, computers, or televisions.
11. They discard their electronics for fear they cannot treat them.
12. They do nothing.
Heat Treatment Tip
When treating infested books, place a temperature probe in the center of the largest, thickest closed book where there will be no direct air contact. Once this hard-to-heat probe reaches lethal temperatures, maintain temperature levels for two hours and you can be assured all the bed bugs harboraging in the books will be dead.
What People Say
Going quite well... We completed our work at the Baton Rouge location, handled some rooms in Alexandria, and the equipment is now in Council Bluffs, will go to Topeka next for a couple rooms there. It seems like a fairly easy process once you get used to it. Thanks Mike!
Chuck R. Hausler VP of Operations Rim Hospitality VIDEO
Become A Recommended Heat Treatment Service Provider
Are you currently using GreenTech heat treatment equipment? We want to send you more customers! Upon completion of our training program, we can add your pest control company to our local service providers page. Click on the link below to learn more about becoming a Certified Service Provider. Certified Service Providers
Titan DF Propane Heater
Hotel Setup With ePro Electric Heater